Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Back to the Frivolous

Well, back to the wedding planning, anyway. We have:
1. Confirmed the date and place, and more or less picked a time.
2. Probably found a photographer (someone C knows at work who normally doesn't do weddings, but needs the work, and apparently does great work photographing the science-related stuff that C's company sells).
3. Figured out a basic dress design, though I probably want to do something more interesting with the skirt, maybe a handkerchief hem or something.
4. Found the person to make it for me (she's the mother of an ex-coworker) and discussed fabrics with her--I think silk, perhaps.
5. Decided I'm probably wearing (new) cowboy boots with it (which C thinks will be "a total hoot"--he also said he'd always thought of me getting married wearing cowboy boots), which will probably drive my mother to distraction.
6. Called most of the people who are coming from out of town.
7. Probably have found music (the son of a friend is a jazz musician), though C is in charge of this one.
8. Have found out that BOTH calligraphy classes are full, so I'll be getting a book and teaching myself, most likely--we're designing and making our own invites, and I'm doing the addressing.
9. Found text for a wedding document.
10. Got a pretty good draft list of invitees.

Things we haven't done:
1. Actually designed the invites.
2. Figured out the flower thing, though the most likely solution is heading to the farmers' market the day before the wedding and buying a bunch of flowers, then delivering them to the restaurant.
3. Found a hotel for out-of-town guests.
4. Figured out what to do with OOTGs the night before the wedding.
5. Picked a menu (that can wait until we see how many people, so we can decide whether to go with plated or a buffet).
6. Tasted cake (though I think I know where I want to go).
7. Figured out who's designing the rings.
8. Written the vows (though we've talked in general terms about this).

Things that have been surprisingly touching to me:
1. C's mother wants to give me her engagement ring. Especially given that he's been married twice before, I'm particularly touched by this. I hadn't intended on wearing anything other than a wedding ring, so I think we're going to ask her if we can incorporate the stone into my wedding band rather than have me wear it as an engagement ring per se. We'll see how she feels.
2. My friends have been overwhelmingly happy about this--I think a large percentage are going to show up, which will make the day all that much more fun. The most fun conversation so far was with an old friend from college--I met her the first day I got there, way back in February 1977. I met her brother within weeks after that; he was going to college a couple of hundred miles away, and he visited reasonably often, as did her parents. He and I had an off-and-on correspondence, mostly joking--at one point I had an "engagement" ring from him, which he had purchased in a men's room along the turnpike. He's a very nice guy, and extremely witty. I saw him most recently when I hooked up with L and her family on the way home from a vacation of mine, but I also saw him in Texas once, when I was down there on business. Anyway, he's living with her (and her husband and sons) until he finds a new job; he's moving from Texas to Massachusetts. He was there when I called her the other day, so I talked to him, too, and I think he'll come along for the wedding. He promised to drive, so he could stop and get me another ring at another turnpike restroom along the way. I love my friends.

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog contained issues relating to wedding program which I found quite absorbing. I would argue that wedding program matters are best left to the professionals in most cases.

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!
Great blog!! I will make sure of coming back often.
If You really are interested in cowboy boot square toe I can
recommend this very informative site cowboy boot square toe
Here You will find a complete directoty of cowboy boot square toe

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site folks, been looking for this kind of information. I have a related wedding hair
site also. You may want to take a look some time. wedding hair
I'll definitely be back.

12:38 AM  
Blogger Depression said...

Hey, nice blog and great info!
Some days I feel like rambling on my blog, but other days it's about giving my readers just what they want. And I had a special request the other day about picture of wedding hair style picture of wedding hair style. So being the curious guy I am, I went out to the engines to find only the best sites about picture of wedding hair style.
Come and check it out if you get time I would really appreciate it :-)

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great blog on double quilt ring wedding double quilt ring wedding

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello.. you have a very informative blog.

I shall visit again.

Warmest Regards.. :-)

Find wedding rings in.

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I just came across your blog about roulette bet and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site & blog about roulette bet so I know I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!"

2:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Patrick, guess what, I just saw a Live Roulette to test our systems and about layout roulette wheel.
It has been a long time waiting for layout roulette wheel.
Test your systems with a real roulette wheel and it's FREE ! Bye, Larry

11:17 PM  
Blogger Paul Adams said...

Congratulations Friend for your excellent blog on toe job!Keep up the good work!
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
toe job
I send you my warm regards and wish you continued success.
Have a nice day! :-)

3:31 AM  
Anonymous Titanium Wedding Rings said...

Ik weet nooit of krijg ik skinny op cleaning gold jewelry, maar de meesten van wat ik op blogs als dit las schijnt te vertrekken.Best Wishes, Edelmira cleaning gold jewelry

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Titanium Wedding Rings said...

Ringrazia ancora per l'occasione ripartirsi.Compliments, Maryellen katie holmes tom cruise engagement ring

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Life is Good said...

Just checking out blogs, and thought I would stop and read yours since we have some of the same interests and ideas. Some ideas are a little much and some are right on. I am glad I stopped by just to say hi I hope you don't mind. Some people consider it spam I DON'T but if they don't want people to post why do they leave it open for the world to see. I have some great wedding information and articles available for free around 2000 savings ideas so stop on in if you want... I also have some of the most informative sites on yoga and baby gifts and baby showers. Hope you enjoy. Thank you for your time.fall wedding favors

fall wedding favors

3:19 AM  
Blogger Shawn T Lippert said...

Thank you for the informative blog
Here Is some additional
Boots Resources for Cowboy Boots Motorcycle Boots and boots for men and women if you or your readers are interested.

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Gold Jewelry said...

Giving a synthetic diamond jewelry to someone you care about is a message of caring. There are so many great local resources now for synthetic diamond jewelry . It is easier than ever to pick up the phone or go online and find synthetic diamond jewelry.

Another great site with a lot of updating information is http://www.aphroditesaccessories.com. Thanks by the way for such a great blog!

3:52 AM  
Anonymous Fashion Jewelry said...

Are you looking for a princess diamond jewelry in your area? If so here is a fantastic resource for local listings related to princess diamond jewelry with information, locations, articles and more..Check it out here...http://www.aphroditesaccessories.com

6:37 AM  
Anonymous Fine Jewelry said...

Are you looking for a hip hop diamond jewelry in your area? If so here is a fantastic resource for local listings related to hip hop diamond jewelry with information, locations, articles and more..Check it out here...http://www.aphroditesaccessories.com

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool site on congress man Check out my Penis Enlargement Methods

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been looking for resources on family and home information including debt reduction credit cards and child care information credit cards

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home