Thursday, February 03, 2005

Danger!

Okay, I promised you a funny story, didn't I.

Practically from the moment we met, C complained bitterly, and often, about the lack of sharpness of my knives. It's true that they weren't all as sharp as they could be, but, hey, that's true for many of us, and I thought they pretty much worked fine. Nevertheless, his mother heard him complaining (again!) so, for Christmas of 2003, she got me a sharpening steel--and a very nice one, too. (Among many other things--she's very generous toward me, and I like her a lot. I think the gift was her conspiring WITH me to shut him up.) So right after Christmas, C is sharpening away, preparing to chop an onion or something, and lecturing me on how dull knives are MUCH more dangerous than sharp ones, blah, blah, blah. Do I have to tell you that, within 30 seconds, he had cut off a huge chunk of his finger? With this sharp, "safer" knife? I ran out of the room so as not to snort and laugh all over his onion, but it made me think that, even if there isn't a Deity, there may very well be little sprites running around. He didn't need stitches or anything, and being able to tell this story amply repays me for all of the complaining he used to do.

3 Comments:

Blogger kStyle said...

Thanks for the chuckle.

And hey, congratulations on the decision to marry and attend pastry school and everything else! Sounds like an exciting (maybe stressful, too) time for you.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Emma Goldman said...

Yeah, if you were in the same city, I would totally try to figure out a way to barter services.

7:59 PM  
Blogger kStyle said...

I would gladly trade shiatsu for dessert...but we are seperated by geography, alas.

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home