Thursday, June 23, 2005

All Better!

My throat, that is. I still have the occasional hacking cough, but the throat was better yesterday and fine today.

In the past four days, I have: taken the kid to the zoo; done the lettering on the wedding document; baked 60 mini carrot cakes; baked 36 mini chocolate cakes; gone to the grocery store twice; made a triple recipe of quinoa and black bean salad; made a triple recipe of wild rice salad; made a white bean/rosemary/garlic dip; made a sun-dried tomato pesto dip; carmelized a bunch of onions; made reservations for the Friday night the-families-meet dinner; talked to the music guy; gone in to work for a half day (with a 7-year-old with me); rearranged the tables (the the who-sits-with-whom stayed the same) and sent the new ones to the party manager (she suggested a different room arrangement); fed and entertained the aforementioned 7-year-old; cleaned the kitchen; gone to a yoga class; played handball; arranged transportation for 11 people for Saturday night; sorted the laundry; and made an appointment for my first-ever manicure. (I wasn't all that excited about that, but my hairdresser, who knows me well and knows I'm not frou-frou, pointed out that everyone will want to see the ring. As long as the manicure will hold up to handball on Saturday, I don't mind.) The things remaining to do are: actually DO the laundry; assemble the name cards; pick up a few things; and wrangle the 7-year-old. Otherwise, I'm ready to go. There WILL be handball on Saturday, followed by a party. There WILL be yoga on Sunday, followed by a wedding and an even bigger party. But with those last two? I've done about all I can do, and everything will either come together or not. Luckily, I'm not going to worry about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home