Friday, June 10, 2005

The List

Yes, the list of WRCs is getting longer, rather than shorter. (WRC = wedding-related chores; WRE = wedding-related events) But! by next week at this time I should have crossed off nearly all of them. It looks like the final restaurant issues--dinner counts, hors d'oeurves (sp?) selection, can the musicians fit through the front door, can all of the guests fit into the back room for the ceremony--will be addressed by Wednesday. Thursday is going to be a Festival of WRCs--get the dress fitted, buy shit for the Saturday party (beer, wine, non-perishable bits of the menu), order the chocolate, order the pastries, pick up my ring, pick up C's earring (if it's ready)--but there won't be many after that, I think. Except to make the name cards and table assignments.

Here's another interesting interchange: I've been dealing with a (very nice) booking agent-type person for the music. They're union musicians, so the fees aren't . . . low, but I didn't gasp when I found out the price, either. So I asked the agent person whether I should tip these guys--I really had no idea. She kinda said well some do, some don't, it's not either common or unheard of, so I pressed a little more (because I didn't want to do the wrong thing). She basically said, look these guys are getting a decent wage for the evening, and they'll be happy if they get a thank you and a beverage at the end of the event; they consider that good treatment. Which makes me wonder what passes for manners.

1 Comments:

Blogger landismom said...

Are you feeding them? We had to feed the musicians at our wedding (also used AFM members). They didn't eat much, that I noticed, but you might offer.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home