Sunday, September 04, 2005

Not Enough Words

Finally, over the past two or three days, I've begun to read the news again, or listen to it in the car with S on the way back home from somewhere. And it's too depressing for words. I'll let the rest of the capable lefty blogosphere detail the outrages related to our government writing off several thousand lives along the Gulf coast. But those smug wingers who extol the virtues of Chimpy, and those me-first-last-and-only capitalists, and the people who think that the market will cure all ills, and all of those people who supported the invasion of Iraq--and, therefore, the concomitant commitment of money, troops, and National Guard manpower--and the resulting lack of availability of resources on the home front, well, those deaths along the Gulf coast are on your head. I'm mortified that I live in a country that had other priorities than saving its own citizens--especially since those other priorities included killing thousands of civilian Iraqis, sending thousands of American troops into harm's way, and pillaging our national treasury to reward the rich. And now Chimpy gets to nominate another Supreme Court justice.

1 Comments:

Blogger landismom said...

When I woke up this morning and saw the news that Rehnquist had died, I almost just went back to bed for the rest of the day. Thankfully, I had the kids to motivate me, otherwise I would have sunk into a massive depression with the words "Chief Justice Scalia" ringing through my brain. This is an awful week.

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home