Sunday, March 19, 2006

Clothes, anyone?

Okay, yes, I know, I'm ranting again, but the only food that should have no calories is water. Got that? A full can of soda, for example, should have more than a calorie in it. Yes, we could argue that it doesn't have to have quite so much high-fructose corn syrup, or that cane sugar would be preferable, or any of a number of other things, but a can that is full of carbonated chemicals is not designed to be consumed.

In other news, I'm trying to figure out what to do with my clothes. Way back when, I used to (a) work in offices and/or (b) go out to dinner. Now, however, I wear a uniform: chef pants (my checked ones came in, finally, and, as predicted, the size small actually fits me; the mediums that Brad insisted on ordering looked like clown pants on me), a chef jacket (I have three from the bakery and two from school; I'm trying to keep a third one from school stain-free), socks, underwear, and a white t-shirt under the chef jacket. I braid and pin my hair, and then put a wide spandex band around it (they're called "Buff" and I get them from Sahalie) to keep the hair out of the croissants. Sometimes I wear this to work and bring a change of clothes, in case my jacket and/or pants are sufficiently clean to wear a second day. Otherwise, I wear jeans and a sweater or sweatshirt of some kind over the t-shirt. As it warms up, I suppose I can wear something cooler, but not yet. So what should I do with the skirts? (Two black velvet, calf-length; two wool, one black, one grey, just above the knee; a couple of others I can't recall at the moment.) The dresses? (A bunch, in various lengths and colors, including one that i bought on sale two years ago and have not yet worn.) The suits? (I want to keep one, because eventually I'll need to impress bankers and the like, but even that one is at least a size too big and will need major alterations.) The shoes, fer chrissakes? (All those little Born flats, for example--yeah, I'll wear some of them some time, I suppose, but in general, probably not.) I don't even get to wear my cowboy boots, which I love, nearly as often as I'd like. Some stuff doesn't even fit me that well any more, given the substantial weight loss of a year ago.

So if any of you need clothes (for s/m/l stuff, all size medium; otherwise, generally size 12; some size 10, though I'm keeping some of that stuff because it fits me), or shoes (size 8), drop me an email. I'll be happy to send you photos and ship things off to you. I want to get rid of some of this stuff before we move (when our lease is up at the end of July)--I really hate moving things I'm not going to use. Really--email me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got a response before I could finish my sandwich. Apply online for credit cards here and get approved very fast, just like me.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home