Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Toast

I found out Sunday morning that I was giving a toast Sunday afternoon, so I wrote it out. I also brought it back with me, so I'll share it with you while I write more about the weekend:

On behalf of [mom] and [dad}, and on behalf of [brother], [sister-in-law], and David, I want to thank you all for being here today. You all know what special people my parents are, but [brother] and I know, and [sister] knew, what special parents they are. They taught us, by their examples, the value of hard work, and they've shown us that any job worth doing is worth your best effort. They taught us how to live with love and compassion in our hearts. They showed us how to live with devastating loss and with the adversity that is part of life. They've shown us how to enjoy happiness and create and share joy. And so I'd like to ask you all to raise your glass with me and thank them, for sharing their lives and their happiness with each other and with all of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home