Monday, June 19, 2006

1-2-3 Contact

We have internets! And cable TV, presumably, though that's still untested. I also have four MILLION boxes of shit (yes, I know, that's what moving entails), but they are largely sorted into their proper rooms, about 85% of the kitchen is in place, and I'm rummaging around trying to find room for everything else. Although it LOOKS like I have a lot of room, and, relative to many of the teensy Easy-Bake Oven size kitchens I saw, I DO have a lot of room, but I like to cook and bake, as we all know, and I have the tools to do it, so finding places for everything, plus the food, is really a challenge.

Meanwhile, the phone guy has shown up . . . and there's a Problem (some kind of short on my line). We'll see if he can solve it without it costing me a bunch more money.

Update: Of COURSE it's going to cost a bunch of money--minimum $150. What a pain in the ass.

also also wik: Except the building people said they'd take care of it, seeing as how the problem is somewhere between the box and my apartment, so maybe it won't cost $150 after all.

In other news, I'm nowhere near done unpacking, but I've made significant progress and I'm just going to keep hacking away at it for as late as I can stand it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous dave, not craw said...

Emma, I finally used the sandwich griller tonight for dinner... I made salami and cheese sandwiches with chipotle sauce. It actually works pretty good... I guess you can tell which boxes I've managed to unpack at my apartment here.

5:39 PM  
Blogger landismom said...

Congrats on your finished move!

9:49 PM  
Blogger kStyle said...

Yay, move! Get down with your bad self, Emma.

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home