Friday, June 30, 2006

Boardwalk Thoughts

My favorite DJ started off his show this morning with "4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)." I was going to mention that it's from the original album, but then I realized that's because I have so many bootleg copies of it from various concerts that I don't think of the original as the only one that most people are likely to have. It's a lovely way to start the day.

Last night I played two of the games that one plays right after moving. One is "That Doesn't Go There," which is what one discovers as one moves things around in the space, trying to find the right home for those things. The other is "Where Did I Put That?" You can figure out what that one entails. Eventually the two games cancel each other out--you figure out where everything belongs, and you remember where that is. I have not reached that balance, however.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Lisa Marie said...

Emma, I swear the last paragraph of this update is golden. I just copied it to a friend who is getting ready to make a major move. I hope he appreciates your wry wisdom!

8:34 AM  
Blogger Emma Goldman said...

thanks, Lisa Marie. if it's any consolation, I actually moved the box with the shoes destined for you. Yes, I have them PACKED IN A BOX, and I have, for oh, about two months. But the getting them to the post office, not so much.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Orange said...

I'm not moving, but I have all sorts of things I need to send to people (as small as thank-you notes, as big as books), and I procrastinate like mad on sending any of them.

10:24 PM  
Anonymous lisa marie said...

According to sentence 2 of paragraph 5 of subsection G of clause IV of the Shoe Contract, you are under no obligation whatsoever to send said shoes. When and if said shoes arrive, the party of the second part (that's me) will be grateful and forthcoming with monetary recompense to the party of the second part (that's you). No worries. It's all in the contract. *grin*

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home