Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Boxes, Boxes Everywhere, and They're Mostly Empty

Can I get a woo-hoo!

Because I'm nearly almost done with the unpacking. I have a big pile of papers through which to sort (and I mean BIG fucking pile), I have about six boxes of books that will remain packed until I figure out where to put the other bookcase and how to configure the rest of the furniture, I have not hung any pictures, I have not wired the electronica (except the television), and I have not done things like hang a hook on the bathroom door or hang the iron and ironing board, but it looks better than it did even a few hours ago, and, consequently, I feel better as well. To celebrate, I'm going to have the last slice of leftover pizza and crack open the bottle of wine in the fridge--then I'll probably make my iced tea for tomorrow and go to bed, so it's not like dancing in the streets will occur or anything. Now if I could only get a land line so my cell phone bill isn't astronomical.

And speaking of astronomical, happy solstice, everyone.

3 Comments:

Blogger kStyle said...

Woo-hoo!

and happy Midsummer to you, too.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Orange said...

Woo-hoo!

I know we're now a few days past the solstice, but perhaps it's not too late to do that pagan ritual of tossing spring herbs into fire (e.g., candles) and jumping over the fire in order to banish your demons. I think if you incorporate a glass of wine into the ritual, the timing is irrelevant...

9:11 PM  
Blogger Orange said...

And woo-hoo!

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home