Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Arrrr! A Day Late and a Dollar Short

Thanks to Ron, here's my pirate name:



My pirate name is:


Captain Mary Bonney



Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. You can be a little bit unpredictable, but a pirate's life is far from full of certainties, so that fits in pretty well. Arr!

Get your own pirate name from piratequiz.com.
part of the fidius.org network


I managed to get Jefe to make pirate cookies for the occasion (yesterday was Talk Like a Pirate Day, for those of you who didn't have that marked on your calendar): we replaced one of the eyes on the smile cookies with an eyepatch. (The cookies are big sugar cookies covered in yellow-colored white chocolate (enough right there to keep me away from it) with a smile face or a frown face on them.)

4 Comments:

Blogger kStyle said...

I'm Captain Mary Flint. Arrrr!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Larry Jones said...

Why do pirates say "R," anyway? And what about Asian pirates? Do they say "L"? How about software pirates?

3:08 PM  
Blogger Emma Goldman said...

Asian pirates? Dunno. Software pirates probably say something like "prepare for the blue screen of death!" Have you ever seen the hacker dictionary? Quite entertaining.

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Ron Sullivan said...

Would that be Anne Bonney's sister then? ARRRRRRR! I have a nifty song about her on a CD by Annwn, who AFAIK made only one CD.

Um, speaking of a day late and a dollar short... I played hooky over the weekend, is what, and now I'm scrambling to catch up. Heard some great music, and I'm not sorry either. So there.

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home