Thursday, October 05, 2006

Crash! Bang! (drip, drip, drip)

This is getting ridiculous.

This morning, I was awakened at 4 am by a loud crash from the kitchen. Figuring I had put something in a precarious position, I got up to investigate. Nope; not that. My kitchen light fixture had filled up with water and exploded, a second one of the glass globes was filling as I watched (it's nearly full now), and the whole fixture--or, at least, two of the three globes--are leaking a steady stream of water. I called the emergency number, but, of course, it's some guy's pager, and he, unlike me, is asleep. I expect the second globe to come crashing down at any moment, so, needless to say, I'm not hanging out in the kitchen. And given the combo of water and electricity, I'm not trying to fix it myself.

I'm also not getting any more sleep this morning; that adrenaline rush from a loud crash pretty much obviates that option. And I think I'll skip the cereal this morning, seeing as how significant portions of the cereal-getting operation would require standing near the about-to-blow second globe, the broken glass I couldn't quite reach, and the steady stream of water from the first fixture.

Update at 4:36: And there went the second globe. Meanwhile, the third globe has started to fill--for symmetry, I suppose.

2 Comments:

Blogger Larry Jones said...

Did The Three Stooges install your kitchen wiring?

9:26 AM  
Blogger kStyle said...

It might help to imagine you're working off karma from a past life...That's how I deal with my job. :)

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home