Monday, October 23, 2006

. . . Singin' Doo-Wah-Diddy-Diddy-Dum-Diddy-Doo

I had written this long-ass post, but I reread it yesterday morning before putting it up, and I decided it was more of that whining shit, and that I needed to drink a nice big cup of shutthefuckup and be done with it. In short, you're not going to have to wade through another pity party over here at Chez Goldman. I'll say that it was a rough weekend, at times, and be done with it.

I had dinner Saturday with Dave and the Kid, and I had a good time with them. I don't have any idea how to go about this, so I'm just feeling my way around. The Kid and I have been in each other's lives since he was 17 months old--he turned 9 in August--so I'd like to find a way for us to be able to continue doing that. Dave is for it, too, so long as the Kid is for it, and the Kid sure seems to be. It's difficult for Dave, and me, too, and i truly appreciate Dave's efforts, despite those difficulties. And Dave loves his new job, which is also great.

I finally got all of the damned croissants made yesterday and today, which means I get to spend three days making bread. (It also means the freezer is crammed full of croissants.) I kind of like working on Sundays, because i get to pick the radio station, and I turn that fucker up LOUD, and I even sing along (under my breath, though, because I can't carry a tune for shit). Brad was there yesterday, and, though he tends to prefer more head-banging stuff, his head was bobbing, too--Emma and Brad, starring in "Rock 'n Roll Bakery"!

I still have not finished my writing, largely because I still don't have the info I need to do so. I should have a chunk by tomorrow, so I'll get up at 4:30 to get downtown, race home after bread class, work away, go to a concert (yes, I know--remember, sleep is for the weak), and then do most of the same thing on Wednesday (no concert Wednesday). Thursday there's an alumni thing downtown for my college, and I might go, if I get enough done. Friday it's back to the croissant production, and I told Brad that if and only if I get the writing done, I'd help him Friday night for a few hours (because Jefe won't be around and one of the other night guys won't be around). I would kind of prefer not to, but I could use the hours, and what the fuck.

Sooner or later I'm going to need to sleep, or, more to the point, go to sleep with no alarm clock set. Of course, I'll still wake up well before dawn, but it's the principle of the thing. And the being able to stay up late without a sense of dread, and the ability to lay in bed and even have some tea and watch the sun rise over the lake.

I've also decided I need to (a) set up a website so I can (b) advertise my copyediting, proofreading, and editing services--there are multiple universities in this city, and I suspect a couple of flyers and a website to which people could go would get me some bidness. We'll see.

4 Comments:

Blogger Larry Jones said...

Goldie - My own blog has gone dormant lately because even I can't stand to read the tales of misery that spew out whenever I sit down and start to write a post. But I just can't seem to get happy, so I'm keeping it to myself. However, voyeuristically I want to read your novela of woe.

And email me if I can help with the web site. That would be therapeutic for me.

9:38 PM  
Blogger kStyle said...

There are also several publishing houses in your city...

Sounds like your week will be crazy, fun, and tiring. Relish it, then relish your sleep!

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Lisa Marie said...

Your last two posts winded me with their manic activity! Whew! I hope you get the chance to slow down sometime soon.

I think good things your way quite often.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Emma Goldman said...

Thanks, Larry . . .

kStyle, I would like to talk to you at some point about how to go about making contacts with other places.

Lisa, I'm glad you're still reading--and I STILL have a box of shoes for you!

5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home